CONSULTANT PARALEGAL or JUNIOR SOLICITOR
The Project for the Registration of Children as British Citizens (PRCBC) is looking for a paralegal or junior solicitor who can support its work on an ad hoc consultancy basis on average 2 days per week. This will include some Saturday/Sunday working.
PRCBC is a small, registered charity and representing children and young people with their complex citizenship rights; undertaking strategic litigation and policy advocacy to remove legal and practical barriers to citizenship; and providing information and training to the public and professionals to increase knowledge of citizenship rights and capacity to secure these. All our work is conducted to the highest professional standards.
The consultant will be providing casework and legal administrative support to Solange Valdez-Symonds, supervising solicitor and CEO at our office in Hammersmith, London. Due to the nature of work and our young clients there is no scope for working from home.
The work of the consultant will vary. It will include supporting PRCBC in all aspects of PRCBC’s work: complex citizenship casework, including litigation in the higher courts; delivering training to affected individuals and interested organisations; costs billing including legal aid claims etc. While support and instruction will be provided, the consultant will need to be well organised, efficient and committed to social justice.
The consultant must have
- excellent legal skills and a minimum of one year’s experience as a paralegal or as a Junior solicitor
- committed to social justice
- have completed the Legal Practice Course or its equivalent or have qualified as a solicitor
- excellent IT skills
- work well under pressure
- submit to DBS enhanced check
We would be able to pay between £120-180 per day depending on experience, qualifications, and skills. Please send your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to our limited resources, PRCBC will not be able to confirm receipt of any unsuccessful interest in connection with this ad.
Looking for a Consultant Bookkeeper
i) Familiar with QuickBooks;
ii) Familiar with charity grants and casework income and expenses;
iii) Experience with drafting budgets and cashflows
iv) Ability to consolidate income and expenses and work with our accountant once a year.
Location: Hammersmith (West London) and occasional remote working.
Hours: Once a month on a Friday or Saturday
Fees: £22-28 ph (depending on experience)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED QUALIFIED PRACTISING SOLICITOR TO VOLUNTEER ON THE FIRST SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH DELIVERING COMPLEX CHILDREN’S CITIZENSHIP CASEWORK
You will need to :-
- be a qualified practising solicitor;
- have specialist knowledge on children and British nationality law or be willing to receive thorough training on this;
- have a passion for social justice;
- have a real commitment to the needs of children/young adults and their carers;
- be able to work within a team of professionals and volunteers from a very diverse group;
- be able to work under pressure and with limited resources;
- have a non-judgmental approach towards our young clients and carers;
- commit to volunteering on the first Saturday of each month from 10:00am to 5:00pm for a minimum period of 12 months.
Our volunteers are given thorough induction, training, support and supervision. We provide lunch, reasonable travelling and childcare expenses. All our volunteers have to submit to periodic enhanced DBS checks.
Please send your CV to Solange Valdez-Symonds, PRCBC Solicitor/Director, e-mail: email@example.com