The Project for the Registration of Children as British Citizens (PRCBC) is seeking to recruit a Paralegal to provide casework and administrative support to Solange Valdez-Symonds, supervising solicitor and director of PRCBC. The post will be based at our offices in Hammersmith, London.
PRCBC is a small charity representing children and young people with their citizenship rights; undertaking strategic litigation and policy advocacy to remove legal and practical barriers to citizenship; and providing information and training to the public and professionals to increase knowledge of citizenship rights and capacity to secure these.
The work of the paralegal will be supporting all aspects of PRCBC’s work: complex citizenship casework, including litigation in the higher courts; raising public awareness; delivering training to affected individuals and interested organisations; and publishing briefings, blogs and articles. Please see job description and person specification for more information.
The position is full-time, one-year fixed term (to be extended subject to funding). It is for 5 days per week, which will include out of hours/weekend work. A normal working day is 7 hours, with core hours from 10:00am to 5:30pm. The position is funded by Therium Access. We would wish the successful candidate to start as soon as possible and no later than 1 May 2021.
Salary: £24k per annum
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday 15 March 2021
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 22 March 2021
The first interview will be about an hour and half via Zoom. This will include a legal skills test.
Please see links below for application form, job description and person specification.
Application Form: CLICK HERE
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form: CLICK HERE
Job Description and Person Specification: CLICK HERE
Applicants for the previous legal administrator post need not apply.
1 March 2021
We are looking for experienced qualified solicitors/caseworkers to volunteer at our monthly Saturday children’s citizenship casework surgery
You will need to :-
- be a qualified practising solicitor or qualified to advise at OISC level 3;
- have specialist knowledge on children and British nationality law or be willing to receive thorough training on this;
- have a passion for social justice;
- have a real commitment to the needs of children/young adults and their carers;
- be able to work within a team of professionals and volunteers from a very diverse group;
- be able to work under pressure and with limited resources;
- have a non-judgmental approach towards our young clients and carers;
- commit to volunteering first Saturday of each month from 10:00am to 5:30pm for a minimum period of 6 months.
Our volunteers are given thorough induction, training, support and supervision. We provide lunch, reasonable travelling and childcare expenses. All our volunteers have to submit to periodic enhanced DBS checks.
Please send your CV to Solange Valdez-Symonds, PRCBC Solicitor/Director, e-mail: email@example.com